Sunday 19 May 2013

Wait for it.....

My apologies for keeping whoever is reading this in suspense but I have great news!!!!

IM PREGNANT!!!!

So here is a brief little journey of the past few weeks....

6dp-5dt - I caved and took a pregnancy test and for the first time I saw two pink lines within 20 seconds. I couldn't believe it. I was shaking and woke up my hubby and we couln't even talk.
(dp= days pasy. dt= day transfer)

7dp-5dt - I took another test on a digital this time and it said pregnant! holy crap!!!

8dp-5dt - called the doc becuase I was 99% sure I had a bladder infection so they told me to just do the beta when I went in to give the urine sample. They told me they would call for the results the next day.

9dp-5dt - the office called and my beta numbers were 178! My particular clinic looks for anything over 70 and seeing as I did it a day early my number was great. It was a this point that my hubby and I actually started beliveing we were preggers.

10dp-5dt - went in for my second beta as they want to ensure that the numbers are doubling making it a viable pregnancy. The numbers should double every 48-72 hours. HOLY CRAP they are 442! Only one more beta to go.

14dp-5dt - went in for the final beta as the clinic wants to make sure the numbers make it over 1000 and my numbers came back at 3083!!!! Yippee!!

My first ultrasound was scheduled earlier than normal as I work out of town but normally they schedule between 7-8 weeks to make sure that the pregnancy isn't ectopic. 

6w-3d - went in for the ultrasound.  The doc started off and then said, "oh I see what the problem is." My heart sank I thought for sure something was wrong but instead he said "There's two!!!!" And then BAM we could hear a heartbeat. I honestly didn't think that we were going to be able to hear the hearbeat but it was amazing! Baby A was 119bpm and Baby B was 116BPM. Great heartbeats for 6 weeks and the babies were measuring perfectly.
(w=weeks, d=days)

We left the hospital so happy and in shock.  We are having twins!!! To be honest it still doesn't feel real. I am currently 7w4d and I will let you know all the awesome things that have been happening with my body on my next post. And I promise it won't take me a month...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment