Friday 14 June 2013

I asked for this?

Hello Again,

I know, I know, I am really slacking at keeping updated posts but to be honest most of the time my I'm so tired that my brain can put more than one sentence together. For the first time in a week the sun is shining where I am so I have a feeling that might have something to do with my lethargy. 

Today I am 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  The last time I talked to you I was having all day morning sickness, completly interrupted sleeps and moodiness. Well unfortunately that still hasn't changed and I have a few more to add to the list.  For the past 1.5 weeks I have been having mid back pain.  It's truly the most bizarre thing, I have never had back pain here before without being injured.  It gets really bad when I sit all day (which is every day as I work in an office) so my reprieve comes at night when I get to lay in bed.  With this new symptom I have also devloped pain in my left front ribs.  I have a sneaky suspicion that these two things are related somehow.  I have a very short upper body so I am guessing with the twins expanding my uterus at an expoential pace that my organs are moving around and causing areas of my body to stretch. Oh boy.....this is going to be one long pregnancy if I am in pain already! lol  On a positive note my food aversions and disspated substantially.  I can meat again which is great, and the smell of everything doesn't make me want to gag. However I really do need to make sure that I am eating often or else I get very nauseous and then I can barely eat anything. 


I have also been taking weekly pregnancy shots of my belly, so when I figure out how to upload them I will post them up here.  Currently I can tell that I am getting a belly but to the average person they would probably just think I am getting fat! lol

Every day I am sooooooooooooo thankful for this amazing experience and the miracle that I have been given. BUT there are moments of weakness when I'm trying not the throw up where I think, "I asked for this?"

As for the update on my appointments I have about a million coming up.  Next Wednesday I have my Fetal Echo ultrasound to make sure the heart beats sound good and normal or if there are any defects.  Then Thursday I have an appointment with my GP for my first pre-natal appointmnet.  Friday I am scheduled to have my NT (where they test for genetic disorders such as Down Syndrome, Trisonmy etc.), however I am undecided whether I will follow through with this one or not - thoughts??

And in the midst of these appointments my husband and I are house shopping! So lots of exciting things taking place in my life.

I will keep you posted on the results from my ultrasounds next week. I am praying that there are still 2 healthly little beans growing in there....pray along with me if you want.


7 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    It is so hard to make the decision whether to do the Down's Syndrome screening. I did do it when I was pregnant with twins. Partly because they were identical and I felt I needed to know if we were facing the prospect of two disabled babies. It is such a tough decision and hard to know how you will handle it if the odds don't come back in your favour. Good luck making your decision.

    I can't wait to see your belly shots and your ultrasound pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - if you need any help getting pictures into blogger just ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay thanks for the comments Ana - And I absolutely need help getting pictures into blogger.

      Delete
    2. It's not too hard.






























































      It isn't too difficult. When you are writing the post you should see a toolbar with things like the bold button and the underline button etc. Just to the right of those are three buttons for inserting things into your blog post. One is for inserting links (link button) one is for inserting pictures (looks like a picture of lanscapes) and the other is for inserting movies (looks like a clapper board). You can upload pictures directly from your computer. Once you have clicked on the picture icon it will ask you where you want to upload pictures from and you can browse your computer until you find the file.

      Sometimes it is hard to get them the right size. In that case you have to go into the html version of your blog, look for the text that corresponds to your picture and adjust the numbers for height and width. I usually jsut double them or halve them.

      Hope that helps.






      Delete
    3. I am sorry - I have no idea what happened to my comment.

      Delete