Tuesday 16 April 2013

Egg Hunt

Well the much awaited day arrived. My DH and I went to the hospital in huge anticipation of how many eggs they would retrieve and fertilize. They brought us in and gave us full scrubs and sat me in this very comfy chair with heated blankets and gave me an IV. When it came time for the procedure I received a local anesthetic that made me sleepy and some pain meds. It turned out to be pretty painful and they had to administer more drugs. At the very end they told me they had retrieved 11 eggs!!! They brought me back to a waiting room where I rested for about 30 min. while DH gave his sample. Lol

We went home and I lay on the couch all day. I felt awful. I could barely walk and my innards were killing me. It was not an experience I want to have to repeat very often.

On top of being in pain I had a severe headache and had contracted some sort of flu/cold. I was coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose every 10 minutes and I couldn't sleep to save my life......but I have tried to tell myself that if this led to me getting preggers I wouldn't complain. So I am taking everything in and trying to stay positive.

After an awful night of sleep I received a call that 7 had fertilized and that I would be doing a 5 day transfer!!!! The world couldn't have been a happier place for me that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment