Sunday 7 April 2013

Two Sleeps...

To all of my followers....if there are any of you out there....only two more sleeps until my egg retreival.

I had my day 7 appointment on Thursday. This appointment was just a standard bloodwork and ultrasound appointment.  It's hard to know where you stand at these appointments as the doctor doesn't say a whole lot.  I have yet to hear any news on my levels (bloodwork) and he doens't say a whole lot about my follicles other than everything is looking good.  The nice part is that I can see how many follicles there are and the size of them as well as my lining on the ultrasounds machine and because of my research I know that my numbers are good.  As of this day I have around 15 follies and my lining is an 8. Yeah!

I went back for my day 9 appointment on Saturday and I had a couple of follies that were greater than 20mm (which means I could potentially do my trigger shot) however the doctor said that I only had 2 that were ready and I had many that were around 17mm so we would gain more by waiting more day. So I was told to take Menopur and Orgaultran for one more day and then I would trigger the follwoing night and do the egg retrieval on Tuesday. I also had to go back into the clinic for day 10.

Today I went in for my day 10 appointment to make sure that everythig was still going according to plan.  I had an absolute terrible sleep last night due to some crazy back pain, I ended up taking two Tylenol through the night just to try and get some sleep.  I asked the doctor about it and he doesn't seem to think that it is from the medication.  But I also have a little bit of a sore throat so I am praying that I am not coming down with the flu....
So I was a little nervous for today's appointment as I knew I would find out if I was able to do a fresh transfer or not.  During the ultrasound I saw that my lining was around 10mm (AWESOME!) and I had lots of follies all very mature.  He obviously hadn't had the results of my bloodwork so he couldn't tell me for sure if I would be able to do a fresh transfer or not. 

After the ultrasound the nurse sat down with me and explained that I would probably do a fresh cycle and that if I DIDN'T hear from her then I would take my HCG (trigger) and do a fresh cycle. I went home praying not to hear from the nurse. 

At about 1:30pm my phone rings, it's the hospital. My stomach absolutly sank, I couldn't believe I wasn't going to be able to do a fresh transfer.....BUT she was just calling to let me know to only take 1/2 of the HCG shot as my estrogen levels were still in good range but were verging on the side of high and they don't want to overstimulate.  YEAH!!!!

If everything goes perfect the doc will do the tranfer a week from today and then 9 days later do a pregnancy test....

Sticky thoughts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment