Thursday 14 March 2013

Strong Enough


Well we made the decision to go ahead with IVF, and with my A type personality it has become my new obsession. Research: this is what I am good at, find the facts, know the info and determine the best path.  I am a planner by nature, I like knowing things in advance and formulating a plan but my husband, well he is what you call the POLAR OPPOSITE of me. Lol Having been with him for 8 years has taught me that sometimes life doesn’t always go as ‘planned’ and that sometimes it’s okay to fly by the seat of your pants. 

Needless to say that this has helped immensely in the process because I researched, I found the facts knew the info and followed the rules. I lost 40 lbs, quit smoking, drank less and ate healthier and yet my ‘plan’ failed.  This has been a very hard pill to swallow for me especially watching the oopsie pregnancies that have occurred to people around me. BUT thanks to my husband’s relentless efforts to make me more mellow I have accepted ‘The Climb.’

“You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it.” Unknown

These are words that I have chosen to live by going forward.  I know this part of the journey is going to be anything but easy. However, I am lucky enough that I swear that I have the world’s most amazing friends and family. And although I don’t always see eye to eye with my hubby’s point of view I am thankful that he see’s things from a different perspective as it’s helped me grow into a better person, and if nothing else he can ALWAYS make me laugh.

This post is for those days when I’m an emotional basket case and wondering why me?? When I’m tired, angry, crying, depressed, stressed and deflated I will come back here and remember that I am strong enough – and for those of you who are reading this that are going through this journey, remember that you too are strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment