Thursday 28 March 2013

O.M.G.

I have been away for a few days as I travelled home and settled into my nest....or as my DH and I like to call it, 'our shoebox.' lol  (We live in this tiny condo for the moment as neither of us are ever home. Our plan is to get pregnant and buy our home this summer or fall).

The big news today is that my period showed up and I am scheduled for my first ultrasound and bloodwork testing tomorrow morning!!! If everything goes according to plan I will be starting my injections tomorrow night.....so fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!

I went and picked up my medication yesterday, I am going to be on 225IU/vol of Menopur, which I'm told makes me a very 'cheap drunk' according to my RE. he he. I'm a little nervous about doing the mixing of the meds and I have no idea how I am going to feel about giving myself a needle in the stomach?! It should be quite the challenge...but my mindset is to embrace it all and just be happy that science allows me to do all of these crazy things in order to pro-create.  And on the upside at least it's not bathing suit season so I don't have to try and hide my 'track marked stomach.'

I honestly just can't believe that it's finally happening, it seems so surreal to me that in a couple of weeks I could have baby/ies growing inside me. OMG

So my plan is to spend tonight with my DH and have my 'last' glass of wine for the next year (yes - positive thinking) and pray my little heart out that this process runs smoothly.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment